Add This

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sunshine Cleaning or What a marvelous invention these movie things...


Sunshine Cleaning turned out to be a good flick. Although it dragged a bit in the middle the pay off at the end was worth watching the film. I also can't wait to see the new Sam Menes film. It looks so good.

While watching Sunshine Cleaning I had a great feeling about the career that I have chosen. I realized that no matter what film you go to see, if you can connect to the characters, you go through a cathartic experience and come out somewhat cleansed. What a marvelous invention these movie things...

2 comments:

  1. I'm playing devil's advocate here: you really think every movie warrants a cathartic experience? I'm a director as well (stage) & I know the hard work & love that goes into a production. If the source material's crap but a film is made of it, does the production team's hard work warrant the audience's cleansing if the, say, words are horrible or the acting's crap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess i should have been more specific with the blog, but no not all movies offer that experience and I agree with you 100% I should have said "all movies with substance." Trust me there is a lot of crap out there. I mean I did have to sit through 5 years of horrible student films.... LOL.

    ReplyDelete